Monday, May 9, 2011

Pretty Bits

What an amazing work of art! This stunning cake is a true one of a kind creation made by the very talented Gabrielle of Cake Coquette. The use of gold and violet icing to create embellishments like the bows and cameos makes this cake almost too precious to eat but so yummy on the eyes!


I love brooch bouquets! They last forever and become a very special heirloom  for future generations. There are lots of people making the bouquets, this stunning piece was created by Hair Bows Wonderworld. They aren't too difficult to create on your own and you have total creative control allowing you to add fresh flowers, pearl necklaces, feathers, lace and other pretty bits as you wish. It is time consuming and cost a little more than a fresh bouquet but to me it is so worth it!

My dear friend Nora Karen is the creator of these beautiful hand dyed, hand painted and ohhhh sooooo lovely bridal shoes! Yes she does custom designs! Her signature styles have graced the pages of many magazines. I am so proud of her hard work and dedication to original artistry!

I adore every item Jennifer form Breathe Couture creates! This amazing ruffled Victorian lace collar is hand made using antique lace, organza and velvet. Jennifer also uses antique and vintage jewelry to create one of a kind pieces for all occasions. She is a truly amazing local artist based in the Cloverdale area. 


I adore vintage hats and this is by far my current favorite! The perfect fit for high tea in the rose gardens! It's vintage 1950's with silk flowers, green veil and a sweet moss green velvet bow to complete the back. Available now at the boutique.

Until next time my lovelies be sure to KEEP IT FANCY!
xoxo
Dawna
Creative Curator

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing the boutique in person....do you need an appointment to see the vintage wedding dresses? ... Is there currently a good selection to choose from? I know somewhat what I'm looking for...are the prices reasonable? Is it busy on Saturdays at all?...sorry for all the questions, haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Noisy-Butterfly/214742085249

    ReplyDelete