Monday, November 28, 2011

Exciting Times Part Two: Where...

If you didn't make in it for our year end sale this past weekend here's the news... we're moving!!



Making the decision to leave our current location was bitter sweet. How could anything compare to the character we currently have? I knew going into Begbie Street it would be a temporary location while we awaited the perfect location to come available on Columbia Street. After six months with no suitable spaces coming available, I started to look elsewhere. Commercial Drive, Gastown and other heritage districts in the GVRD are plentiful but it seemed no matter where I looked there was a major shortage of character space available. Given the nature of arOka I simply refused to sacrifice for anything less.
Life’s funny in so many ways and I am a firm believer everything works out as its supposed to. Call it destiny. The space I was beginning to believe was a figment of my imagination was right in front of me all along and I passed by it every day! So where to? Only the sweetest little character house with a most amazing garden located on Clarke Street in Port Moody’s heritage district!

The house is quaint cozy and full of great character. The exterior is in need of a major colour change (currently a brick red with black accents) but that can wait until spring. Also coming this spring is the blooming of the most magical garden space! A white picket fence, slate patios, arbors, an abundance of perennial gardens and old growth trees surround the new house of arOka. How could I not see the endless possibilities for events and with the blessings of the City of Port Moody we're already in the planning process for this spring! 


February 2012 is the relaunch date for arOka in our new home as well as the long awaited website! Everything you've come to love about us will remain with the addition of some amazing locally made wares and a lot more furniture & décor for your abode. The rental inventory will be housed in the basement keeping it separated from the boutique, plus it makes for real easy set up of special events in the garden!

For all the brides to be that we are currently working with, rest assured the move will not affect your special day. We're still taking on new customers so feel free to keep in touch via facebook or email. As for the rest of you, I'll miss seeing your smiling faces over the next 2 months! Updates on the renovations, new rental inventory, and special features for some of my favorite businesses will keep you up to date with what's happening. 
So until then my darlings have a most joyous holiday season and we'll see you in February 2012!
xoxo
Dawna
Creative Curator 

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for the re-opening of your new store! I had been planning a trip down from Ashcroft BC (where I live) when I heard you were closing your current location. I cannot wait for the website too! I am planning our country wedding for Sept 2012 and I am looking forward to spending some time at your shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @myredcowboyboots...SUPER Excited to hear all about you big day!! From the looks of your charming blog we have a lot in common! Let me know if you need any information prior to coming down.
    XO Dawna

    ReplyDelete